Here are SaracensMMA.com, we are proud of what we do. We are proud of who we are, and what we represent. We believe our athletes are the future of MMA – but don’t take our word for it!
Over the coming weeks, months, even years, The Saracens like to make their mark on the great sport of Mixed Martial Arts. We have big plans with big partnerships in the works; we have big fighters in big promotions; and we are only going to get BIGGER.
Follow our fighters as we showcase online what we are about, what we do, and how we do it!
Need a reminder of who we are…?
On Sunday evening, Phoenix FC President Chahe Yerevanian broke the news Saracens MMA fans have been waiting for – the return of Ahmed ‘The Prince’ Faress!
In his anticipated debut fight for the organisation, Cairo, Egypt’s Faress will look to wow the crowd in Dubai, UAE, and continue his hot streak of 14 finishes from 14 victories. His opponent? Kuwaiti national and six-time Desert Force veteran, Ahmad ‘Hitman’ Al Boussairy.
Faress will be looking to make up for lost time following an injury forced him out of a scheduled bout with French-Algerian featherweight Chabane Chaibeddra – so former lightweight Al Boussairy can expect to have his hands full against a hyper-motivated ‘Prince’ Faress.
Five years Faress’ senior, Al Boussairy was a 2013 Desert Force Lightweight Grand Prix finalist, where he fell at the last hurdle against then-undefeated Jordanian Haider ‘Gardena’ Rasheed. But while Al Boussairy represents an intriguing test for Faress, it’s no surprise to see the 14-2 ace in confident mood.
Faress told SaracensMMA.com: “I know Al Boussairy from Desert Force. He is a very good, humble fighter, and is famous as one of the first Gulf fighters. He has a good history in martial arts, and is beloved in Kuwait. I have a lot of respect for his personality, but I guarantee I will get through him.”
SaracensMMA.com is delighted to announce that at Phoenix FC: Road to Egypt, undefeated lightweight sensation Islam ‘The Egyptian Zombie’ Reda overcame the odds by scoring a scintillating first round submission victory!
Whilst Reda would see his opponent changed not once, but twice, ‘The Zombie’ also had to contend with the fact that his eventual challenger, two-time African and Arabian wrestling champion, Mohamed Ghalab, weighed in at 77 kg – a full weight class higher than Reda, who successfully made the initial 70 kg requirement!
While many fighters would have rejected such a fight with no notice period, Islam came to fight. And fight he did!
Securing a takedown in the first round, Reda showed off the slick grappling skills that recently earned him a promotion to purple belt under Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Master Mohamed Fawzy, forcing a tap in short order.
With Phoenix FC staff in attendance, this was the kind of performance that underpins the reasons SaracensMMA.com have huge confidence in this prodigy. We cannot wait to see what’s next for ‘The Egyptian Zombie’!
- Now that the dust has settled after Brave 11 from Belo Horizonte, Brazil, one of Saracens MMA’s top stars, Ahmed ‘The Butcher’ Amir, is looking to refocus and rebuild after only a second career defeat. While Amir’s resolve has been tested by this particular setback, Saracens MMA is sure this is just a minor blip for one of it’s most prized stars after an incredibly tough and gutsy performance. With the full support of MMA fans throughout Egypt and the wider Middle East region, including Kuwait, his second home, the lion-hearted Ahmed will come back better and stronger than ever. While Straight Blast Gym in Ireland undoubtedly left Amir with some great memories and an intensive camp, Ahmed is already being linked to yet more great training facilities for future endeavours. Stay tuned for more news on Egyptian MMA’s national hero, because we can’t wait to see what’s next for ‘The Butcher’!
- Ahmed ‘The Prince’ Faress continues to recover from the broken arm that prevented him from making his Phoenix FC debut against Chabanne Chaibeddra, and is now less than a month away from engaging in full training. Ahmed is grateful for the time spent at Phuket Top Team in Thailand, as well as the medical assistance afforded him by doctors at home and abroad. No doubt fans are waiting with great anticipation to see how Faress will face inside the Phoenix cage!
- Eslam ‘IRONMAN’ Syaha out-boxed and out-performed his opponent Walid Tyson en route to a crushing victory. Arguably Saracens MMA’s most intimidating figure, Syaha, along with head coach Alaa Mansour of Black Bulls MMA in Cairo, is looking for yet greater opportunities on the international MMA scene. Stay tuned for more information…
- Saracens MMA would like to say a huge congratulations to Islam ‘The Egyptian Zombie’ Reda upon his graduation to purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu! A truly outstanding student of Master Muhammad Fawzy, Reda was last seen easily submitting an opponent at a recent Evolution BJJ event, and we’ve been saying for some time that the sky is the limit for ‘The Zombie’!
- Amr Maher has returned to Egyptian soil from Thailand as he takes a little time out amid some exciting rumours about a potential next destination – and he might just address a long-standing issue with a nose problem stemming from a break a while back. We’ll keep you posted on that one.
- Saracens MMA will have HUGE NEWS regarding an official partnership very soon! Keep watching this space – you will not want to miss it!
- Finally, a HUGE congratulations to ‘The Most Marketable Man in the Middle East’ – while preparing fight choreography for a film out in Thailand, Mahmoud ‘The Hitman’ Tahoun got married! Sorry ladies – one of Saracens MMA’s star athletes has tied the knot!
Saracens MMA is disappointed to report that star athlete Ahmed ‘The Prince’ Faress has been forced out of his bout at Phoenix: Abu Dhabi with Chabane Chaibeddra after suffering an arm injury while training in Phuket, Thailand.
Ahmed made the following statement via his Instagram account (@prince_faress):
“I want to apologise to Phoenix Fighting Championship, all Phoenix fans, my fans, and everyone who was looking forward to watching my fight. I was very ready and focused on representing my team, Saracens MMA, with a great show and performance. Sometimes, however, bad things happen.”
“Alhamdollah, and I will be back soon, Inshallah.”
Whilst understandably very disappointed, Ahmed was in good spirits when discussing the injury with SaracensMMA.com as he prepared to fly back to his native Egypt.
Ahmed, we wish you a speedy recovery, and can’t wait to see you back in the cage!
That Saracens MMA includes the very best fighters from the Middle East is beyond question – such accolades do not stop at mixed martial arts, either. This past weekend, Saracens MMA dominated the competition at the Egypt BJJ and Grappling Open 2018 from Cairo!
With Mohamed ‘The Executioner’ Gamal, Ahmed ‘The Silencer’ Thabet, and Eslam ‘IRONMAN’ Syaha all putting in stellar performances en route to gold medal glory, fighters from as far afield as Russia were turned away empty handed.
Check out the videos below that outline just some of the reasons we state that ‘To Be a Champion, You Have To Train With Champions’ – Saracens MMA athletes are a testament to the fact that iron sharpens iron, and our athlete’s collective dominance is something the team are looking to instil in the next generation of Egyptian martial artists!
Interested in training with the best? Drop us a message on the Contact Page, and we’ll get back to you and when, where, and how!